With all the Museums closed, you might think that the Heritage Council has rolled up like a potato bug until it’s safe to come out, but we’re still fighting to keep local history alive!
- The Heritage Council is hosting a Take-out for History event. Local restaurants will donate to CCHC when you show This Flyer, May 11-17th.
- Purchase a Heritage Pass now. Your patronage will help local museums promote history countywide, even though they can’t be open now, and will give them a reason to open up when it is safe to do so. The pass is good through 2021, so it’s a bargain to boot!
- Got bottles and cans? You can donate from your Oregon Bottle Drop account. Just choose Clackamas County Heritage Council and select how much of your account to donate. This flyer will show you how. No account? We can pick up your cans or bring you a bag to get started. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Share why “This Place Matters” to you. Talk to your friends, children, and grandchildren about the importance of learning from history. Post it on your facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or whatever the kids are using these days. We all benefit from the perspective of past hardships endured.
- Check up on your favorite historian today. They might need some help, or someone to listen to their stories. Even a phone call can make a difference.
It’s a tall order, but if we all work together, we can Keep History Alive in Clackamas County!